(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: Ships of the Line (2012) is the 2012 edition of the Star Trek: Ships of the Line calendar series. This outing constituted somewhat of a departure from the previous ones, as about half of the spreads of the featured major ships in the calendar were non-canon, whereas in the previous edition that was limited to one or at the most two.
- Publisher's description
- The Star Trek: Ships of the Line 2012 Wall Calendar gives Star Trek fans something they can't get anywhere else: fourteen pieces of Star Trek art–created exclusively for the calendar–centered around one of the most fascinating and exciting components of the Star Trek universe, its ships. Displaying amazing artistry, dramatic depictions of Star Trek's ships, and featuring a horizontal, panoramic format, this calendar is highly sought after and eagerly anticipated.
- Frey's work was a CGI version of Probert's painting, he had done for among others The Making of the Trek Films.
- January ("Landing Party") – by wbm (=Doug Drexler)
- February ("Reprovisioning At Sea") – by wbm
- March ("A New Dawn") – by Tobias Richter
- April ("Terminal Descent of the Starship Allegiance") – by wbm
- May ("Planck-class - Shakedown") – by wbm
- June ("Ambassador-class Sea Trials") – by wbm
- Centerfold – by wbm
- July ("Reliant at Tango Sierra") – by Alain Rivard
- August ("Call the Ball") – by John Eaves
- September ("Relics") – by Dax Pandhi and Doug Drexler
- October ("Sighted Son'a - Sank Same") – by Robert Wilde
- November ("Whatever This Thing Is, It's Big.") – by wbm
- December ("Botany Bay") – by Niel Wray
| Previous calendar:|
Star Trek: Ships of the Line (2011)
|Star Trek: Ships of the Line|| Next calendar:|
Star Trek: Ships of the Line (2013)