(written from a Production point of view)
- Publisher's description
- The Star Trek: Ships of the Line 2012 Wall Calendar gives Star Trek fans something they can't get anywhere else: fourteen pieces of Star Trek art–created exclusively for the calendar–centered around one of the most fascinating and exciting components of the Star Trek universe, its ships. Displaying amazing artistry, dramatic depictions of Star Trek's ships, and featuring a horizontal, panoramic format, this calendar is highly sought after and eagerly anticipated.
- Frey's work was a CGI version of Probert's painting, he had done for among others The Making of the Trek Films.
- January ("Drake Was Right") – by Max Rem (X)
- February ("Reprovisioning At Sea") – by Dan "Mad Koy Fish" Uyeno (X)
- March ("A New Dawn") – by Tobias Richter (X)
- April ("Terminal Descent of the Starship Allegiance") – by D.M. Phoenix (X)
- May ("Planck-class – Shakedown") – by Mark Rademaker (X)
- June ("Ambassador-class Sea Trials") – by Tobias Richter (X)
- Centerfold – by Tobias Richter, Mark Rademaker, and Max Rem (X)
- July ("Reliant at Tango Sierra") – by Alain Rivard
- August ("Call the Ball") – by John Eaves
- September ("Relics") – USS Enterprise-D enters the derelict Dyson sphere (from TNG: "Relics"), by Dax Pandhi and Doug Drexler
- October ("Sighted Son'a – Sank Same") – by Robert Wilde
- November ("Whatever This Thing Is, It's Big.") – F-104 Starfighter FG-926 investigates the "UFO", USS Enterprise (from TOS: "Tomorrow is Yesterday"), by Douglas "Deg" E. Graves (X)
- December ("Botany Bay") – USS Enterprise jettisons SS Botany Bay (from TOS: "Space Seed"), by Niel Wray
This outing constituted somewhat of a departure from the previous ones, as about half of the spreads of the featured major ships in the calendar were non-canon, whereas in the previous edition that was limited to one or at the most two.
For the 2014 edition of the Ships of the Line, several images were re-named:
- Drexler's "Drake Was Right" to "Encounter at Daybreak"
- Phoenix's "Planck-class – Shakedown" to "Max Planck"
- Pandhi and Drexler's "Relics" to "Dyson Sphere"
- Wilde's "Sighted Son'a – Sank Same" to "Dedication and Determination"
- Wray's "Botany Bay" to "Final Entry"
|Previous calendar:||Series||Next calendar:|
|Star Trek: Ships of the Line (2011)||Star Trek: Ships of the Line||Star Trek: Ships of the Line (2013)|