(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: Official Guide 1 – Star Trek The Next Generation was the very first outing in the Japanese language Official Guides-series from publisher Bunkasha, covering the spin-off television series Star Trek: The Next Generation. Written by the publisher's own editorial bureau, Dullmax, it was a combination of Pocket Books' Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual and the Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion, the style of which having been adopted for this release.
- note: contents from 2nd Edition
- Main Character Database, p. 5-62
- Database Guide, pp. 63-82
- Tecnnical Guide, pp. 83-99
- Intermission 001, p. 100
- The Spin-off Series, pp. 101-109
- Intermission 002, p. 110
- Auction Pictures, pp. 111-141
- Intermission 003, p. 142
- Story Line, pp. 143-172
- Making of Star Trek, pp. 173-177
- Intermission 004, p. 178
- The Next Generation Episode Guide, pp. 179-end
- Unlike its source material, the Japanese version, measuring 30×21×1 cm, was released as a high quality edition, i.e. high grade glossy paper with full color reproduction of images.
- First released in 1995, a second edition was published seven years later, though all references of it belonging to the Official Guide-series were dropped. That edition was slightly expanded and updated to include some preliminary information on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager as well, they, to be more thoroughly covered in the follow-up release in the series.
|First issue in series||Star Trek: Official Guide series|| Next Star Trek Official Guide:|
Star Trek: Official Guide 2 - Star Trek Deep Space Nine & Star Trek Voyage