(written from a Production point of view)
Complete in one volume: the New York Times bestselling series!
The Star Trek: New Frontier Omnibus is a Star Trek: New Frontier omnibus – collecting the four novellas making up the series' initial serial novel – written by Peter David. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in hardback in February 1998.
- From the book jacket
- The ancient Thallonian Empire has collapsed, throwing an entire sector of the galaxy into chaos and unrest. Billions of sentient beings are faced with starvation, warfare, and worse. Faced with a tragedy of interstellar proportions, Starfleet assembles a new, handpicked crew to help where it can and report what it finds.
- Captain Mackenzie Calhoun, recommended by Jean-Luc Picard himself, takes command of the USS Excalibur, which is manned by Starfleet's best and brightest, including some old friends from Star Trek: The Next Generation and some of the most dynamic new characters ever to boldly go where no one has gone before!
- This special hardcover edition contains the first thrilling adventure that launched Star Trek into a new frontier. It also contains a pull-out full-color print of all of the characters and a special "minipedia" guide to the people, places, and things that make up the New Frontier universe!
- See component volumes for individual summaries.
Background information Edit
- The audio collection was released concurrently with the original paperback volumes. George Truett is credited for abridging the audio version.
- The color print found at the center of the book is the crew image used as covers for Martyr and Fire on High.
- The collection contains a New Frontier "minipedia" – an encyclopedic reference to the first four novels – compiled and written by David Mack. This is Mack's first Trek literary work.
Cover gallery Edit
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|End Game||Star Trek: New Frontier||Martyr|