(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: Enterprise Logs is a short-story anthology – based around captains of the various vessels named Enterprise – edited by Carol Greenburg. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in June 2000.
- From the book jacket
- In the annals of adventure and exploration, few names shine as brightly as those of the various vessels bearing the noble appellation of Enterprise. Equally distinguished are the many brave captains who have led their respective ships into battle, danger, and glory. Star Trek: Enterprise Logs celebrates the proud history of those ships and their captains with an outstanding collection of new stories starring each of the men and women who have held command upon the bridge of one Enterprise or another.
- From the trim fighting sloop that actually fought for freedom in America's Revolutionary War to the state-of-the-art starship commanded by Jean-Luc Picard, this unique anthology presents some of the most thrilling moments in the careers of Kirk, Pike, Decker, Garrett, and many other legendary captains, as told by several popular and best-selling Star Trek authors, including:
- Diane Carey • Greg Cox • A.C. Crispin • Peter David • Diane Duane • Michael Jan Friedman • Robert Greenberger • Jerry Oltion • John Vornholt
- From yesterday's history to tomorrow's boldest imaginings, join the ongoing saga chronicled in Star Trek: Enterprise Logs.
- The Veil at Valcour
- by Diane Carey
This story features Captain Israel Daniel Dickenson of the Sloop-of-War Enterprise and is set aboard the British vessel during the American Revolutionary War.
- World of Strangers
- by Diane Carey
This story features Captain Osborne B. Hardison of the USS Enterprise (CV-6) set during World War II in the Pacific Ocean.
- Though Hell Should Bar the Way
- by Greg Cox
- Conflicting Natures
- by Jerry Oltion
This story features Captain Christopher Pike of the USS Enterprise.
- The Avenger
- by Michael Jan Friedman
This story features Captain James T. Kirk of the USS Enterprise and Enterprise-A. The first part of the story is set while Kirk is stationed on the planet Draqqana, and later during peace talks between the Draqqi and the Iach'tu.
- Night Whispers
- by Diane Duane
- Just Another Little Training Cruise
- by A.C. Crispin
This story features Captain Spock of the USS Enterprise-A. The Enterprise is now being used as a Starfleet Academy training vessel and also features Saavik, leading into the events of the novel Vulcan's Heart.
- by Peter David
- Hour of Fire
- by Robert Greenberger
- The Captain and the King
- by John Vornholt
Background information Edit
- The concept for the anthology was developed by Robert Greenberger. He had hoped to edit the project, but was prevented from doing so by DC Comics, as it fell within their conflict of interest policies. (Voyages of Imagination, p. 616)
- The anthology was originally intended to form part of the The Captain's Table series. (Voyages of Imagination, p. 614)