(written from a Production point of view)
A sister publication of The Official Starships Collection, it is authorized and licensed by CBS Consumer Products. The monthly magazine was released simultaneously in the US and the UK, and was made available (in English) to several European countries.
Available separately, larger "XL Edition" starship models, metallic resin dedication plaques and dedicated magazine binders are in production. Gift premiums have also been released to subscribers.
The 3D starship models are converted into tooling masters at the Holinail Group, Eaglemoss' manufacturing partner in Shenzhen, China  and 2D renders are used for the publication's illustrations by its editors in the UK.
Production stills, concept art and newly-created orthographic views are also utilized extensively, and interviews with designers including John Eaves were conducted.
Some of this content will also be published by Random House in two hardcover mass-market reference books from the Star Trek: Shipyards series, within the Starfleet Ships 2151-2293 and The Klingon Fleet volumes.  Also incorporating some of this material, an upcoming volume of the Star Trek: Designing Starships book series will feature DIS starships and is slated for publication in 2019. 
Each sixteen-page magazine (measuring 168 × 218 mm) fits within the printed cardboard box that the model is packaged in.
Products are available by subscription and to the general public through the company's webshops, newsagents and retailers associated with Diamond Comic Distributors.
|1||USS Shenzhou NCC-1227
|2||USS Discovery NCC-1031
|3||USS Kerala NCC-1255
|5||USS Europa NCC-1648
|7||USS Buran NCC-1422
|8||Klingon Qugh Class
|9||USS Clarke NCC-1661
|10||Klingon Qoj Class|
Convention-exclusive variant Edit
The USS Glenn, the line's first convention-exclusive registry variant model, was produced in a limited edition of 500 units (worldwide) and was available for purchase at the 2018 Official Star Trek Convention, New York Comic Con and the Destination Star Trek Birmingham convention. A small number were also briefly available from Eaglemoss' UK and US webshops, later in the year. The repainted ship was retailed with the USS Discovery's magazine and stand.
|(1)||USS Glenn NCC-1030 Limited Edition Variant
Confirmed upcoming issues: Federation Edit
|TBA||USS Edison NCC-1683|
|TBA||USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (2257)
|TBA||USS Shran NCC-1413|
|TBA||USS T'Plana-Hath NCC-1004|
Confirmed upcoming issues: KlingonEdit
|TBA||bortaS bir Class|
|TBA||'etlh Class Destroyer|
XL Edition issue Edit
Confirmed upcoming XL Edition issues Edit
|TBA||Federation Space Station|
Magazine binders Edit
Each "mini-binder" will store ten of the magazines.
Following unexpected production delays with the gift premiums, one binder was provided to early subscribers as a free bonus gift.
Gift premiums Edit
|(1)||N/A||USS Shenzhou enamel pin||57 mm ø||N/A|
|(2)||N/A||Scale chart poster (× 2)||594 × 420 mm (× 2)||N/A|
|(3)||USS Shenzhou dedication plaque||222 mm|
|(4)||USS Discovery dedication plaque|
|(6)||ISS Shenzhou NCC-1227||200 mm||1:2115|
Background information Edit
- The USS Enterprise (as seen in DIS) will be released as an XL model in the first Starships Collection prior to its 2019 release as a standard-sized model for this line.
- Translations of some Klingon language starship names appeared on a poster that was sent to subscribers: bortaS bir (Cold Revenge), Chargh (Conquer), 'etlh (Blade), Jach (Scream), Qaw' (Destroy), Qoj (War), Qugh (Disaster), Sech (Torch), and Veqlargh (Demon).
- A render of the USS Gagarin appeared on the poster but was replaced in the collection by the USS Kerala, another Shepard-class ship. Robinson and Eaves were not able to confirm whether further intended modifications to the original studio model had been made, prior to its on-screen appearance as the Gagarin. 
- In August 2018, the project manager announced that the USS Buran, another Cardenas-class vessel, had replaced the USS Yeager in the line-up.
- On After Trek, the DIS companion series, prototype models of the collection's USS Discovery and USS Shenzhou were displayed as set decorations behind host Matt Mira, among other Star Trek memorabilia. 
- Ben Robinson has indicated that the company has tentative plans to launch subscriptions in Australia and Canada.
- In 2018, Eaglemoss also partnered with Simon & Schuster for a US contest to cross-promote the Collection and the first three Star Trek: Discovery novels. 
- The enamel pin was previously released as a Fansets product and was temporarily added as a gift premium for new subscribers between June and October 2018.
- Ben Robinson (project manager) at Twitter
- Hero Collector – official Eaglemoss Collections collector website
- Star Trek: Discovery Starships Collection – official UK and Europe website
- Star Trek: Discovery Starships Collection – official US website
- Eaglemoss Star Trek Fan Group - unofficial fan forum at Facebook
- Geekology - Star Trek Official Starship Collection Videos playlist at Youtube
- Irish Trekkie - Star Trek: Discovery Starships playlist at Youtube
- Some Kind of Star Trek - Star Trek: Discovery - The Official Starships Collection articles
- Trek Collective Lists - Star Trek: Discovery - The Official Starships Collection index
- TrekCore.com - The Official Starships Collection articles and reviews
- Wixiban's Star Trek Collectables Portal - Eaglemoss Discovery Replicas index