(written from a Production point of view)
You play a young Tirrion envoy of the elite Federation Diplomatic Corps, in training to be an ambassador between your people and the Federation. Upon arriving at Deep Space 9, you discover a murder has taken place, and your talents are needed to aid the crew in solving it. Mysterious aliens have also arrived on board, who may be friend or foe, and they have trouble speaking any language known to your people. You must struggle to solve the murder and find out how to communicate with the aliens, all to save the Gamma Quadrant from annihilation.
- Hilary J. Bader contributed some of the game's plot.
- As Sisko has his goatee and an unshaven head, this game appears to take place between "Explorers" and "The Way of the Warrior".
- This game is primarily an intellectual puzzle game, similar to Myst and other such games. The designers appear to have made a conscious effort to make the game feel like an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, complete with the opening credits mimicking those of the series, including the traveling comet with its tail of ice crystals.
- Avery Brooks as Benjamin Sisko
- Rene Auberjonois as Odo
- Terry Farrell as Jadzia Dax
- Armin Shimerman as Quark
- Nana Visitor as Kira Nerys
- Judi M. Durand as Cardassian computer voice
- Andrea Cirie - Jani Tharen (voice)
- Nicole Donery - Ensign Desma Yarrow (voice)
- Roger Jackson - Scythians (voice)
- Mark Keller - Envoy Bannik (voice)
- Mary West - Vedek Rasmus Selin (voice)