(written from a Production point of view)
...th-they said...resist...resistance is futile...
From the previewEdit
- Star Trek's 50th Anniversary Celebration continues with this all-new series following the adventures of Captain Kirk and the iconic crew! New worlds! New species! New ships! And a new danger unlike anything the Federation has encountered before! Boldly go into a new era of Star Trek! The subscription covers for issues #1-6 will combine to form one huge image!
An Aegis-class starship drops out of warp, resolving into the Endeavour (NCC-1805), its bridge crewed by Commander Valas and lieutenants Darwin, Ellix, and Murcia. As the lieutenants exchange notes about their new captain, he arrives on the bridge as James T. Kirk. The Endeavour is an hour away from a sweep of the Pellion system, part of the one-year survey with Kirk in interim command. Leonard McCoy is preparing a medical survey for the demanding Chief Groffus, his superior due to demotion needed so McCoy could join the Endeavour crew.
On a terrace of a New Vulcan building, Spock in Vulcan robes is discussing Nyota Uhura with Sarek, notably her decision to accompany Spock on his sabbatical, her ease of integation into the life on the planet and suitability for Spock as a companion. Uhura then joins them in a white Vulcan dress and reiterates her happiness as the trio watch the sunset.
In San Francisco, meanwhile, Montgomery Scott is lecturing a roomful of cadets on starship safety protocols, defending his record by pointing out that before its ultimate demise, the two incidents in which the USS Enterprise could have been lost were also two where it saved the very ground they're on.
- To be continued
Background information Edit
- The time is "months after the events of Star Trek Beyond" according to the credits page of the comic. Writer Mike Johnson confirms that "this series shows what happens while the 1701-A is being built at the end of Beyond." 
- Kirk is in interim command of the USS Endeavour on a one-year exploratory survey. The starship is of the same design as the USS Aegis (NX-1787) from Star Trek: Bridge Crew. 
- The Endeavour is registered NCC-1805, whereas the space shuttle Endeavour is OV-105.
- Lieutenant Darwin makes an appearance as a bridge officer aboard the Endeavour.
- Uhura's attire on New Vulcan closely follows T'Pring's in TOS: "Amok Time".
- Scotty is teaching at Starfleet Academy that micro-fractures in a typical dilithium articulation frame of a Constitution-class starship make it necessary to perform a safety check every thirty unspecified units.
- Jaylah appears to be one of his students, along with Lucia Gonzales, Shev and T'Laan from Star Trek: Starfleet Academy. T'Laan entered the academy in 2258, at least five years before; she, Gonzales and Shev were cadets in 2261.
- Commander Sulu is on a six-month survey as first officer of the USS Concord. Its registry number (NCC-6871) recalls the prime USS Concord's number (NCC-68711) from the Star Trek Encyclopedia.
- Sulu notes that Captain Terrell, his new commanding officer, is slightly older than Kirk.
- Tony Shasteen (interior, subscription cover, and retail incentive cover art)
- Davide Mastrolonardo (color art)
- AndWorld Design (letter art)
- Neil Uyetake (production design)
- George Caltsoudas (cover art)
- Marc Laming (retail incentive cover art)
- Mark Roberts (retail incentive cover color art)
- J.K. Woodward (Fried Pie retail exclusive cover art)
- Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- Special thanks to Risa Kessler and John Van Citters at CBS Consumer Products.
Cover gallery Edit
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|First issue in series||Star Trek: Boldly Go||Star Trek: Boldly Go, Issue 2|