(written from a Production point of view)
The battle of wits and logic is joined again!
- From the box
- Following their debate over the fate of mankind, Spock and Q continue their discussions over a meal. After dining, the two return to the stage to recount their repast, which included encounters with several of Spock's former shipmates.
- However, at the moment the two verbal sparring partners shake hands, a power surge places them in total darkness. Suddenly, Spock and Q are no longer on stage, but somewhere in deep space.
- As they struggle to determine what has happened, a curious personality change takes hold. Spock is overcome with giddy delight. Q is much more serious, even...logical.
- Masterfully performed by Leonard Nimoy and John de Lancie, Star Trek® Spock vs. Q: The Sequel is a fascinating and often hilarious role reversal that reveals previously unknown sides of Spock and Q. It is a program so original it could only come from Alien Voices®.
In the cover art, Spock and Q are sitting on a rock on the surface of the asteroid, facing away from each other. Q is facing left, wearing the standard 2350s-2370s Starfleet uniform with 2360s-style combadge. No rank pips are visible. Spock is facing right and once again wearing his Starfleet uniform and wrist communicator from Star Trek: The Motion Picture, even though in the story, he is supposed to be his much older ambassadorial self.
- USS Enterprise
- Federation starship; Spock's former assignment.
- Starfleet officer; former communications officer and colleague of Spock aboard Enterprise.
- Montgomery Scott
- Starfleet officer; former chief engineer and colleague of Spock aboard Enterprise.
- Pavel Chekov
- Starfleet officer; former navigator and colleague of Spock aboard Enterprise.
- Planet about to be hit by an asteroid, but now with Spock and Q aboard for the ride.
- 16th century Human poet
- The same one originally heading for Earth in Spock Vs. Q.
- The equivalent of 911 for emergency contact of the Q Continuum.
- Switchboard operator at the 777 line.
- A Super-Super Being able to police the Q (at first mistaken for another operator at the 777 line).
MORE REFERENCES FORTHCOMING
- NOTE: This story was also re-released as part of a boxed CD "gift set" [ISBN 0743509463], which included both stories on CD and a bonus third disc of material, including segments of video of Nimoy and de Lancie performing both stories.
|Previous audio production:||Series||Next audio production:|
|"Spock Vs. Q"||Alien Voices||Final audiobook in series|