(written from a Production point of view)
An exciting and at times hilarious confrontation between chaos and logic!
- From the box
- As the end of the twentieth century nears, an asteroid is hurtling toward Earth. When it hits, the impact will result in the end of all life on the planet.
- Ambassador Spock travels back in time to subtly warn Earth's inhabitants of impending doom while calling into question humanity's priorities. However, before the truth is told, the all powerful being Q appears and reminds Spock that he is prohibited from interfering in Earth's history. Besides, Q doesn't see mankind as something worth saving.
- This initial encounter between the two legendary characters explodes into a battle of wits as Spock cleverly befuddles Q with his own words. As barbs are exchanged, and humanity's flaws and wonders are laid bare, Spock's logic just may convince Q that Humans are indeed a species worthy of salvation, but will he be too late?
- In SPOCK VS. Q, Leonard Nimoy and John de Lancie again bring their characters to glorious life in the most lively and entertaining debate since Nixon vs. Kennedy. Recorded in front of a live audience, SPOCK VS. Q is a stirring audio program that could only come from Alien Voices.
In the cover art, Spock is in right-hand profile in his Starfleet uniform from Star Trek: The Motion Picture, even though in the story, he is supposed to be his much older ambassadorial self. Q is facing him in left-hand profile wearing the late 2360s-early 2370s Starfleet uniform with the 2370s style combadge and Captain's rank pips, although the pips are on the wrong side of the collar.
- USS Enterprise
- Federation starship; Spock's former assignment.
- Planet about to be hit by an asteroid.
- William Shakespeare
- 16th century Human playwright
MORE REFERENCES FORTHCOMING
- NOTE: This story was also re-released as part of a boxed CD "gift set" [ISBN 0743509463], which included both stories on CD and a bonus third disc of material, including segments of video of Nimoy and de Lancie performing both stories.
|Previous audio production:||Series||Next audio production:|
|First audiobook in series||Alien Voices||"Spock Vs. Q: The Sequel"|