(written from a Production point of view)
Simon & Schuster is a publishing house. They are the current holders of the rights to publish official Star Trek novels and reference works, under their Pocket Books and Gallery Books imprints. Some specialty Star Trek publications are credited under the Simon & Schuster line, such as audios & audio novels, computer discs, and some series intended for children. The Starfleet Academy and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine series for young adults were released under their Minstrel Books and Aladdin Paperbacks imprints.
The company was founded in 1924 by Richard Simon and Max Schuster. Both Simon & Schuster and Pocket were sold to Gulf+Western (which later became Paramount Pictures) in 1975, and were incorporated into Viacom in 2002, becoming its publication arm.
Following the 2005 split between Viacom and CBS, Viacom became the CBS Corporation. The company still owns Simon & Schuster.
In 2000, Simon & Schuster became the first publisher to release an original work by a major author online as an eBook.
- Audio productions:
- Juvenile literature:
- Computer discs and games:
- Star Trek: Borg
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion - A Series Guide and Script Library
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Dominion Wars
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - The Fallen
- Star Trek: First Contact
- Star Trek: Klingon
- Star Trek: The Kobayashi Alternative
- Star Trek Omnipedia
- Star Trek: Starship Creator
- Star Trek: Starship Creator Warp II
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion - A Series Guide and Script Library
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Interactive Technical Manual
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Klingon Language Disc
- Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Transinium Challenge
- Star Trek: The Promethean Prophecy
- Star Trek: The Rebel Universe
- Aladdin Paperbacks
- Archway Books
- Gallery Books
- Minstrel Books
- Pocket Books
- Simon Spotlight
- Wanderer Books