Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
- From the book jacket
- Begin your career as a Starship engineer.
- The Ship Construction Manual contains all of the information necessary to construct starships for your Star Trek Role Playing Games. The recently declassified information in the manual allows the design of state-of-the-art starships of Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Goran or Orion origin. The easy-to-use format combined with comprehensive data also provides the information necessary to build any ship active during the last 60 years of Star Trek history.
- The 80-page rulebook includes the tables for various engines, weapons, shields and computers that make up starships, essays on the design philosophy of the major races, detailed information on the cost and availability of the equipment, and a system for rating the ship in combat.
- The Ship Construction Manual is required reading for all Star Fleet personnel and potential ship designers from all the major races.
The cover depicts a cutaway view of the Chandley-class frigate being constructed in spacedock, while the opposite back cover continues the image with several pods and some engineers working on a warp nacelle which is still separate from the ship.
It described how one could build their own designs for Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Gorn, and Orions. The guides were designed for ships in the timeframe of the original Star Trek series and movies and earlier. The ships were built by selecting specific warp engines, weapons, shield generators, computer type and superstructure. Each ship designed would have to fall under weight limits for the engines and have enough computer power to fire weapons and run the various components.
- 1st Edition:
- Graphic Design: Dana Knutson
- 2nd Edition: