In case they were killed attempting to destroy an Iconian gateway on Vandros IV, several members of the crew, including Jadzia Dax and Miles O'Brien, added their farewell messages to the ship's log. (DS9: "To the Death")
- For commander's and captain's log entries recorded aboard the Defiant by Benjamin Sisko, see Commander's log, Deep Space 9 and Captain's log, Deep Space 9.
- "Ship's Log, Stardate 48213.1. We have arrived at Callinon VII under cloak and assumed a standard orbit. The relay station on this planet should not only help us in our search for the Founders, but should also provide us a first glimpse at the technology of the Dominion."
- "Defiant Log, Stardate 49195.5. We have arrived at the coordinates to begin preliminary tests for the artificial wormhole project."
- "Defiant Log, supplemental. Damage control teams are repairing the ship's systems and medics are tending to injured crewmembers. We have located the Karemma ship deep in the atmosphere and are moving to assist. It appears that it will have to be abandoned and its crew brought back to Deep Space 9 until transportation can be arranged to the Karemma Homeworld."
- "Ship's Log, supplemental. We have picked up a total of twelve Honshu survivors so far but there is still no sign of Captain Sisko. We have less than twelve hours before we must abandon the search."
- "Ship's Log, Stardate 51413.6. We have rescued Captain Sisko, but we did not have time to locate Gul Dukat's shuttle. We are now en route to our rendezvous with the troop convoy near the Badlands and Captain Sisko is recovering in sickbay."
|Logs of Deep Space 9|
|Station logs: 2369 • 2370 • 2371|
|Commander's logs: 2369 • 2371|
|Captain's logs: 2371 • 2372 • 2373 • 2374|
|Department logs: Chief medical officer's log • First officer's log • Medical log • Operations log • Science officer's log • Ship's log • Security log|
|Personal logs: Captain's Personal Log • Kira Nerys • Miles O'Brien • Benjamin Sisko|
|USS Defiant logs • Shenandoah log|