(written from a Production point of view)
Shattered Light is a Star Trek: Myriad Universes anthology – the third volume in the series – featuring novels written by David R. George III, Steve Mollmann & Michael Schuster, and Scott Pearson. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in December 2010.
- From the book jacket
- THE EMBRACE OF COLD ARCHITECTS by David R. George III. "Mister Worf – fire." With those words, William T. Riker defeated the Borg – and destroyed Captain Jean-Luc Picard. Now, a heartsore Captain Riker must carry on the legacy of the commanding officer and friend whose death he ordered. But crises face him at every turn, from Cardassian aggression to the return of Data's creator, Noonien Soong. But it is Data's creation of a daughter, Lal, that may prove to be everyone's undoing…
- THE TEARS OF ERIDANUS by Steve Mollmann & Michael Schuster. Commander Hikaru Sulu of the Kumari – finest ship of the Interstellar Guard, the military arm of the Interstellar Union that includes Andor, Earth, and Tellar – is sent to rescue an observation team on a primitive desert planet. The world has many names – 40 Eridani A-II, Minshara, T'Khasi, Vulcan – and its savage natives have taken the team hostage, including Sulu's daughter, Demora. Even as Captain Sulu negotiates with the fierce T'Pau, Demora meets the elderly S'oval, and with him the only hope for the planet's future…
- HONOR IN THE NIGHT by Scott Pearson. Former Federation president Nilz Baris has died. After losing Sherman's Planet to the Klingons thanks to poisoned quadrotriticale, the agriculture undersecretary parlayed that defeat into years of political battles with the Klingon Empire, and eventually the Federation's highest office. Now, the Federation News Service wants the story of his life, a quest that digs up many secrets – including the mystery of why his final words were "Arne Darvin."
Background information Edit
- Announced at the Shore Leave convention on 11 July 2008, the anthology was originally scheduled for release in November 2009. Its title was revealed by Margaret Clark on 31 December 2008, along with the announcement of George and Pearson's involvement and the project's delay to Summer 2010. Keith R.A. DeCandido revealed the involvement of Mollmann and Schuster on 2 January 2009. A release month of December 2010 was confirmed in February 2010.
- Memory Alpha receives an acknowledgment from the authors in "The Tears of Eridanus" and "Honor in the Night".
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Echoes and Refractions||Star Trek: Myriad Universes||Not yet announced|