(written from a Production point of view)
Dawn broke violently on the planet Dak-Alpha – colonised in the 21st century by the Space Federation...
Kirk faces a revolt by the natives of a Federation colony.
"Landing party to mothership!"
- - Spock
"Take it easy! Once we breast at the scree, we should be right behind them!"
- - Kirk
"By Jupiter! The blackhearted devils have blown up the prison! Their leaders will face the firing squad for this!"
- - Kirk
Background information Edit
- Kirk and Uhura are the only crew members to wear red; everyone else wears blue.
- Kirk swears by Jupiter.
Setting and technologyEdit
- Chekov is aboard, placing the story between 2267 and 2269.
- Since the Federation was founded in 2161 (the 22nd century), the 21st century founding of the colony on Dak-Alpha must be referring to Human colonization. The second Human extra-solar colony after Terra Nova was planned for the 2080s, so Dak-Alpha would need to have been founded after that.
- A revolt is also said to be planned on Dak-Alpha's "sister planet", Kalakon. It is not explained whether the two worlds orbit their star in a binary fashion, or if Kalakon simply occupies a nearby orbit.
- Kirk's shuttle and Scotty's have the same registry: NCC-1701-7. Six shuttles are seen departing from the Enterprise; other visible registries are NCC-1701/3 (named Icarus in the apocryphal story "The Flat, Gold Forever") and NCC-1701/4.
None of the UK weekly stories had titles.
- Part 1: TV21 & Joe 90 #58, 31 October 1970
- Part 2: TV21 & Joe 90 #59, 7 November 1970
- Part 3: TV21 & Joe 90 #60, 14 November 1970
- Part 4: TV21 & Joe 90 #61, 21 November 1970
- Part 5: TV21 & Joe 90 #62, 28 November 1970
- Part 6: TV21 & Joe 90 #63, 5 December 1970
- Part 7: TV21 & Joe 90 #64, 12 December 1970
- Hopkins – Enterprise crewman
- Governor Lebrun
- Admiral Nivens of Federation Headquarters (likely Starfleet Command)
|Previous strip:||Series||Next strip:|
|UK Story Arc #16|| Star Trek Comic Strip (UK)|
|UK Story Arc #18|