Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
Dawn broke violently on the planet Dak-Alpha - colonised in the 21st century by the Space Federation...
Kirk faces a revolt by the natives of a Federation colony.
"Landing party to mothership!"
- - Spock
"Take it easy! Once we breast at the scree, we should be right behind them!"
- - Kirk
"By Jupiter! The blackhearted devils have blown up the prison! Their leaders will face the firing squad for this!"
- - Kirk
Background information Edit
- Kirk and Uhura are the only crew members to wear red; everyone else wears blue.
- Kirk swears by Jupiter.
Setting and technologyEdit
- Chekov is aboard, placing the story between 2267 and 2269.
- Since the Federation was founded in 2161 (the 22nd century), the 21st century founding of the colony on Dak-Alpha must be referring to Human colonization. The second Human extra-solar colony after Terra Nova was planned for the 2080s, so Dak-Alpha would need to have been founded after that.
- A revolt is also said to be planned on Dak-Alpha's "sister planet", Kalakon. It is not explained whether the two worlds orbit their star in a binary fashion, or if Kalakon simply occupies a nearby orbit.
- Kirk's shuttle and Scotty's have the same registry: NCC-1701-7. Six shuttles are seen departing from the Enterprise; other visible registries are NCC-1701/3 (named Icarus in the apocryphal story "The Flat, Gold Forever") and NCC-1701/4.
None of the UK weekly stories had titles.
- Part 1: TV21 & Joe 90 #58, 31 October 1970
- Part 2: TV21 & Joe 90 #59, 7 November 1970
- Part 3: TV21 & Joe 90 #60, 14 November 1970
- Part 4: TV21 & Joe 90 #61, 21 November 1970
- Part 5: TV21 & Joe 90 #62, 28 November 1970
- Part 6: TV21 & Joe 90 #63, 5 December 1970
- Part 7: TV21 & Joe 90 #64, 12 December 1970
- Hopkins - Enterprise crewman
- Governor Lebrun
- Admiral Nivens of Federation Headquarters (likely Starfleet Command)
|Previous strip:||Series||Next strip:|
|UK Story Arc #16|| Star Trek Comic Strip (UK)|
|UK Story Arc #18|