(written from a Production point of view)
Seize the Fire is a novel by Michael A. Martin, released in November 2010. The second novel in the Star Trek: Typhon Pact series, it features the characters of Star Trek: Titan dealing with the Gorn Hegemony as they seek to solidify their place within the Pact.
- Publisher's description
- Shortly after making the stunning revelation that it has joined with Federation's newest adversary – a coalition of galactic powers known as the Typhon Pact – the Gorn Hegemony suffers an ecological disaster. Fortunately, the Gorn had already been investigating traces of an ancient but powerful "quick terraforming" technology left behind by a long-vanished race – a dead civilization that may be responsible for habitability of many of the worlds on the Gorn frontier and beyond. When the USS Titan begins pursuing this potent technology as well, in the hopes of using it to heal the many grievous wounds sustained by the Federation, it is unclear how dangerous such planet-altering technology can be, even when used with the best of intentions...
Background information Edit
- The novel was announced at the Shore Leave convention on 10 July 2009. It was originally scheduled as the first novel in the series, but swapped places with Zero Sum Game in the schedule.
- The cover was revealed in Star Trek Magazine issue 154.
- Memory Alpha receives an acknowledgment from the author.
- Cover art and design by Alan Dingman.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Zero Sum Game||Star Trek: Typhon Pact||Rough Beasts of Empire|
|Synthesis||Star Trek: Titan||Fallen Gods|