(written from a Production point of view)
Rough Beasts of Empire is a novel by David R. George III, the third in the Star Trek: Typhon Pact series. Released in December 2010, the novel shifts the timeframe of the Pocket DS9 relaunch from 2377 to 2381 and 2382, bringing it into the Typhon Pact era, and features the two antagonistic Romulan factions, as well as the Tzenkethi.
- Publisher's description
- Still on Romulus in pursuit of his goal of reunifying the Vulcans and Romulans, Spock finds himself in the middle of a massive power struggle. In the wake of the assassination of the Praetor and the Senate, the Romulans have cleaved in two. While Empress Donatra has led her nascent Imperial Romulan State to establish relations with the Federation, Praetor Tal'aura has guided the original Romulan Star Empire toward joining the newly formed Typhon Pact. But numerous factions within the two Romulan nations vie for power and undivided leadership, and Machiavellian plots unfold as forces within and without the empires conduct high-stakes political maneuvers.
- Meanwhile, four years after Benjamin Sisko returned from the Celestial Temple, circumstances have changed, his hopes for a peaceful life on Bajor with his wife and daughter beginning to slip away. After temporarily rejoining Starfleet for an all-hands-on-deck battle against the Borg, he must consider an offer to have him return for a longer stint. Beset by troubling events, he seeks spiritual guidance, facing demons new and old, including difficult memories from his time in the last Federation-Tzenkethi War.
Background information Edit
- The novel was announced at the Shore Leave convention on 10 July 2009.
- An excerpt of Rough Beasts of Empire was published in Star Trek Magazine issue 157.
- This novel takes place before Zero Sum Game, shortly after the Star Trek: Destiny novel Lost Souls.
- Cover art and design by Alan Dingman.
- Benjamin Sisko
- Kira Nerys
- Jake Sisko
- Kasidy Yates
- Leonard James Akaar
Azure Nebula; Bajoran; B'hala; Breen; Dominion War; Deep Space 9; Gorn; jambalaya; M'kemas III; New Orleans; Post-atomic horror; Reman; Rihannsu; Romulan; Starbase 137; Tholian; Tyrellian; Tzenketh; Tzenkethi; Vulcan; Vulcan brandy
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Seize the Fire||Star Trek: Typhon Pact||Paths of Disharmony|
|The Never-Ending Sacrifice||Pocket DS9||Plagues of Night|