(written from a Production point of view)
Robert Cleveland "Bob" Johnson (4 May 1920 – 31 December 1993; age 73) was a former singer and an accountant at Daystar Productions, which produced The Outer Limits. He supplied his voice to several episodes of Star Trek: The Original Series. He did not receive on-screen credit for his work.
He also did voice work on several episodes of The Outer Limits, including "Corpus Earthling", which costarred Salome Jens and Barry Atwater. But he is most famous as the Control Voice on all but a few of the episodes of the original seven seasons of Mission: Impossible, hired on for that role by his friend, creator and producer Bruce Geller. He was the "voice on disc" for the 1980s revival of the series as well.
Star Trek appearances Edit
- TOS: (all uncredited)
- "The Cage" as voice of First Talosian and voice of the Transporter Chief
- "The Menagerie, Part I" as voice of the Transporter Chief (archive footage)
- "The Menagerie, Part II" as voice of First Talosian and voice of the Transporter Chief (archive footage)
- "The Gamesters of Triskelion" as voice of Provider 3
- "The Immunity Syndrome" as Starfleet officer (voice)
- "Assignment: Earth" as Ground Control (voice)