(written from a Production point of view)
- From the back cover
- Every person has a story, and those who are lucky enough to share the voyages of Captain James T. Kirk aboard the Starship Enterprise have stories unlike anyone else's. Some live, some die, but even those who serve below deck sometimes make all the difference in the universe!
- The news from Starfleet Command is grim: a full-scale war against the Klingon Empire is coming, a war that the Federation may not be able to win. In anticipation of a monumental conflict, the USS Enterprise is assigned to guard a vital starbase located perilously close to Klingon space.
- But even Kirk's mission brings him into a tense confrontation with an invading Klingon battle cruiser, an equally deadly menace lurks within the ranks of his own crew: Klingon infiltrator agents, posing as Starfleet officers and sworn to destroy the enemies of the Empire – even at the cost of their own honor!
- Captain James T. Kirk
- Lt. Commander Spock
- Lt. Commander Leonard McCoy
- Lt. Commander Montgomery "Scotty" Scott
- Lieutenant Hikaru Sulu
- Lieutenant Nyota Uhura
- Nurse Christine Chapel
Benitez; Blade of the Bat'leth; Earthers; Enterprise, USS; Fuller, Sam; Gorath; Justman, Robert H.; Kahless; Karel; Klingon Empire; Klingon High Command; Klingons; Leslie; Mathews; Orions; Rayburn; Sobel; Sto-vo-kor; System 1324; System 7348; Tyree; universal translator
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Killing Blow|| Pocket TOS|
|Errand of Vengeance||Continues in Errand of Fury: Seeds of Rage|