Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Right of Proclamation was purportedly a Ferengi custom which consisted of a person giving a romantic speech to their lover.
In reality, the custom was created by Quark in 2373. Quark was using a Virtual Control Device in order to assist him in fighting Thopok and consequently winning Grilka's heart. When Worf, in control of the device, accidentally damaged it, Quark was forced to improvise, creating the "Right of Proclamation".
Quark's proclamation to Grilka contained the following verses:
- To this end my blade
- soars through the
- aquarium of my soul seeking the
- kelp of discontent which must be cut so that the
- rocky bottom of love lies in waiting, with fertile
- sand for the coming seed of Grilka's
- And yet, does this explain my need for her? No. It is like
- oh, a giant
- cave of emptiness waiting for
- the bats of love to hang by –