(written from a Production point of view)
Who will decide the fate of Selar's child?
Renaissance is a Star Trek: New Frontier novel – the tenth book in the series, and the second novel in the Excalibur trilogy – written by Peter David. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in September 2000.
- From the book jacket
- The ship is only a memory, but the drama unfolds....
- The USS Excalibur has been obliterated. Its captain, Mackenzie Calhoun is gone. Now the surviving crew members are dispersed throughout the galaxy, seeking to forge new lives in the wake of the Excalibur's destruction. For Dr. Selar, the ship's former medical officer, that means facing a very personal crisis.
- Following the birth of her child, the Vulcan doctor returned to her homeworld, determined to raise the child exclusively in the way of logic. But the child's father, the Hermat Lieutenant Commander Burgoyne, has hir own views regarding their offspring's future, and s/he intends to fight for hir paternal rights, even if it means appealing to the highest authorities of two worlds!
- Elsewhere in the Alpha Quadrant, Lieutenant Robin Lefler and her enigmatic mother travel to the pleasure planet Risa where they encounter a genuine Starfleet legend...
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in New Frontier characters.
Main characters Edit
Secondary characters Edit
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#9: Requiem|| Star Trek: New Frontier|