A rebellion is open, organized, and usually armed, resistance against a government, ruler, or any other form of authority. The distinctions between a rebellion and a revolution are subtle, but a revolution is usually of more lasting significance, and is waged against a dominant status quo.
- Irish Unification of 2024 - In 2024 this resulted in the creation of a unified Ireland. (TNG: "The High Ground")
- Alien Rebellion - In the mirror universe a rebellion was taking place between alien slaves and the Terran Empire in the 22nd century. The races in this rebellion included Andorians, Tellarites and Vulcans. (ENT: "In a Mirror, Darkly", "In a Mirror, Darkly, Part II")
- Disruptor Rebellion – in 2269 a group of troglyte miners known as Disruptors rebelled against the aristocratic rulers of Stratos and their mistreatment in the Zenite mines. (TOS: "The Cloud Minders")
- Kenzie Rebellion – a rebellion which took place sometime prior to 2366. (TNG: "The High Ground")
- Terran Rebellion – In the mirror universe, the Terran Rebellion was an uprising by the Terran slaves of the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the early 2370s. (DS9: "Crossover", "Through the Looking Glass", "Shattered Mirror", "The Emperor's New Cloak")
- Cardassian Rebellion – formally known as the Cardassian Liberation Front, it was a popular uprising led by Legate Damar against the occupation of the Cardassian Union by the Dominion in late 2375. (DS9: "The Changing Face of Evil", "When It Rains...", "Tacking Into the Wind", "The Dogs of War")
- Iden's Rebellion – In 2377 holograms, led by Iden, rebelled against the Hirogen and escaped from the confines of the space station on which they resided. (VOY: "Flesh and Blood")