Quarra was an industrious and technologically-advanced planet, with systems that require high levels of supervision and involve little automation, making it unique for a planet with a warp-capable society. This in turn caused the planet to require large amount of manpower. In 2377, this demand caused Quarra to suffer from a manpower shortage.
To cope with this, their military sent out radioactive mines that would explode on a ship's hull and infect the crew. The crew would then have to abandon ship, and the Quarrens would take them back to their homeworld and commandeer the ship.
Quarra workforce speciesEdit
- Peliar Zel native
- Bolian (briefly the Bolian members of the USS Voyager crew)
- Human (briefly the Human members of the USS Voyager crew)
- Vulcan (briefly Tuvok and other Vulcan members of Voyagers crew)
- Human-Klingon hybrid (briefly B'Elanna Torres)
- Former Borg drone (briefly Seven of Nine)