(written from a Production point of view)
Continuing the "Second Decade" era of TNG novels, and featuring the return of Q to the Enterprise.
From the Pocket Books website:
- Nearly two decades ago, Jean-Luc Picard took command of the U.S.S. Enterprise™ NCC-1701-D. The captain knew it was an honor without equal. His new command bore the name of Enterprise. The people who had commanded other like-named starships had gone down in Starfleet's annals. Some officers would be intimidated, but they would not have been given command of Enterprise.
- On her first mission, the Enterprise was sent to Farpoint Station. A simple, straightforward investigation. Perfect for a crew that had never served together. Then there was Q. An omnipotent lifeform that seemed bent on placing obstacle after obstacle in the ship's – and in particular in Picard's – way. And it hadn't ended with that first mission. When he was least expected, Q would appear. Pushing, prodding, testing. At times needling captain and crew with seemingly silly, pointless, and maddening trifles. Then it would turn all too serious, and the survival of Picard's crew was in Q's hands.
- Why was it today that Picard was remembering the day he took command of the Enterprise-D? Now he commanded a new ship, the USS Enterprise-E. His crew was different. There was nothing about Gorsach that in the least resembled Farpoint. But Picard couldn't shake the feeling that something all too familiar was going on. All too awful. All too Q.
"Q, what did going into Sherwood Forest and making me play the role of Robin Hood to Vash's Marian have to do with all this?"
"I just wanted to see you in tights, Jean-Luc"
- - Q and Picard
"Best listen to Microbrain, Chuckles"
- - Q
- Memory Alpha receives an acknowledgment in this novel.
- This book takes place during Articles of the Federation.
- This Book also takes place after Star Trek: Titan - Orion's Hounds.
- along with other members of the Q Continuum
- Female Q
- Jean-Luc Picard
- Kathryn Janeway
- William T. Riker
- Deanna Troi
- Geordi La Forge
- Miles O'Brien
- Wesley Crusher
- Ro Laren
- Thomas Halloway
- Natasha Yar
- This article is a stub relating to real-world information such as a performer, author, novel, magazine, or other production material. You can help Memory Alpha by fixing it.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Resistance||Pocket TNG||The Sky's the Limit|
|As release order||Chronological order||Before Dishonor|