Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
B2FX, originally called Proteus FX, is a studio specializing in make-up effects for film and television. They worked on 2009's Star Trek and 2013's Star Trek Into Darkness for director/producer J.J. Abrams. The team operates out of a facility located in the heart of the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, California.
Proteus FX was founded in 2004 by Barney Burman and Steve Prouty. Burman is the artistic director and lead make-up artist of Proteus FX. His wife, Shielu Burman, is the studio's managing director.
Prior to Star Trek, Proteus FX had done make-up effects work for J.J. Abrams on the television series Alias, the 2006 film Mission: Impossible III (also from Paramount Pictures), and the yet-to-air HBO movie Anatomy of Hope. The team's other film projects have included Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny (2006), Blades of Glory (2007), and Valkyrie (2008, directed by Bryan Singer). They have also worked on such television series as Arrested Development, Invasion, Medium, and Scrubs.
The members of the Proteus Make-up FX team working on Star Trek and their responsibilities to the film are:
- Crist Ballas - Special Effects Makeup Artist
- Christopher Bergschneider - Mold Maker
- Barney Burman - Prosthetic Makeup Designer
- Rob Burman - Moldshop Supervisor
- Aida Caefer - Hair Stylist Supervisor
- Jamie Grove - Prosthetic Painter
- Brie Ford - Fabricator
- Rufus Hearn - Makeup Effects Lab Technician
- Russ Herpich - Makeup Lab Foreman
- Jennifer Jackson - Makeup Lab Assistant
- Don Lanning - Key Sculptor
- Sue La Prelle - Plasterer
- Christopher Payne - Makeup Effects Lab Technician
- Jenn Rose - Key Mask Fabricator
- Thomas Sanders - Makeup Lab Assistant
- Ray Shaffer - Makeup Effects Lab Technician
- Miho Suzuki - Makeup Effects Lab Technician
- Vincent Van Dyke - Sculptor Lab Work
- Hugo Villasenor - Shop Foreman
- Hill Vinot - Mold Maker
- Clint Zoccoli - Sculptor