The term prosecutor refers to one of two attorneys who argue the both halves of a case in a court of law. The prosecutor goes against the defender in trying to get a ruling against the subject in question.
- Areel Shaw was the prosecutor in the court-martial against Captain James T. Kirk, where he was accused of the wrongful death of Lieutenant Ben Finney. (TOS: "Court Martial")
- The Megan known as Asmodeus prosecuted the crew of the original Enterprise as representatives of "evil" Humanity. (TAS: "The Magicks of Megas-Tu")
- General Chang prosecuted Kirk and Dr. McCoy in the Klingon tribunal looking into the death of Chancellor Gorkon. (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)
- Phillipa Louvois was prosecutor against Jean-Luc Picard in his court-martial regarding the loss of the USS Stargazer. Later, she served as judge in the trial called to determine Lieutenant Commander Data's status as a lifeform. In that case, Commander William T. Riker was forced to act as prosecutor. (TNG: "The Measure Of A Man")
- Duras unfairly accused and prosecuted Lt. Worf for crimes presumably committed by his father Mogh in the Khitomer Massacre. (TNG: "Sins of the Father")
- Retired Admiral Norah Satie, originally brought in to investigate the suspected sabotage of the USS Enterprise-D's warp core, later became prosecutor of a sort when both Crewman Simon Tarses and Captain Picard were suspected to be Romulan collaborators. (TNG: "The Drumhead")
This article or section is incomplete This page is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.