Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Port of San Francisco bar was an establishment near the San Francisco Ferry Building, a historical landmark located in the city of San Francisco on Earth. This bar, which was located on a pier, was visited by Montgomery Scott and Keenser in 2259 after the two of them had resigned from the USS Enterprise. Budweiser beer was one of the beverages available.
Background information Edit
The name of this bar comes from a red neon sign, which was fastened onto the Ferry Building, that was visible to patrons visiting the bar that read, Port of San Francisco. Using visual cues from the movie, the bar was located on Pier 1, whose location in relation to the Ferry Building can be seen in this map. 
To represent the outside of this bar's entrance in Star Trek Into Darkness, Production Designer Scott Chambliss improvised a set using an interior sound stage door with set dressing. (Cinefex, No. 134, p. 82)
The song playing in the bar varied, depending on where the audience member saw the movie. Although the instrumentation was the same, the lyrics were different, with J.J. Abrams and Charles Scott listed as writers for all six songs.
- In the United States, the song was "The Growl". Additional writers for this song were Anne Previn and Kassia Conway, who performed the song.
- In the United Kingdom, the song was "The Rage That's in Us All". Additional writers for this song were Gary Lightbody and Bo Bruce, who performed the song.
- In Australia, the song was "The Dark Collide". Additional writers for this song were Robert Conley and Penelope Austin, who performed the song.
- In France, the song was "(I Wanna) Race With You". An additional writer for this song was I.V., who performed the song.
- In Mexico, the song was "Noches Estridentes". An additional writer for this song was Roxana Puente, who performed the song.
- In Brazil, the song was "Flashback 92". Additional writers for this song were Whitaker Poças and Maria do Céo, who performed the song.
These songs were included as bonus tracks on the Star Trek Into Darkness soundtrack; however, no version of the soundtrack had all five songs. The Mexican version of this song had a music video.