(written from a Production point of view)
Penny Lynn Juday (9 October 1955 – 19 December 2015; age 60), usually credited as "Penny L. Juday" , was the Star Trek art department coordinator, as well as the archivist who was responsible for managing props, set pieces, models, blueprints, photographs, and many other parts of Star Trek history. She has cataloged everything on the Paramount Pictures lot relating to Star Trek, and was the first source production designers or set dressers approach when a piece of information or a certain object was needed. Juday also worked as shopper for the productions including Deep Space Nine and located several set pieces and props used on the show on the countryside.
Juday started her association with the Star Trek franchise, when she was hired in 1991 by Set Decorator Mickey S. Michaels as a production associate for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine which was in pre-production at the time. Nevertheless, Michaels put her also to work as such for Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country which was concurrently in production. 
Juday has been frequently interviewed for the special features on Star Trek DVDs, and often provided glimpses into the vault of Star Trek memorabilia housed at Paramount. She has also managed the History of the Future museum at Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas, Nevada. Juday became a logical choice for the franchise to be assigned as a Researcher for the Star Trek Fact Files (credited as Penny Smartt-Juday) and its subsequent US derivative Star Trek: The Magazine as Project Coordinator, contributing photos and information to the technical briefings in both.
She had cameo appearances as a civilian of the USS Enterprise-D in Star Trek Generations and as a Ba'ku in Star Trek: Insurrection. In Generations, she is seen sitting at a table at the beginning of the scene and later leaves the bar, when Picard enters. A good image of her in costume is included in the photo gallery of the Star Trek Generations (Special Edition) DVD set. Ensign Penny Juday, an obscure name on a casualty list glimpsed during DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight", was named for her.
Juday previously worked as a recurring background actress, a bar patron at the "Lobo", in the comedy series Roseanne.
Star Trek work Edit
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine – Set Buyer/ Art Department Coordinator
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country – Art Department Coordinator
- Star Trek Generations – Production Assistant/ Art Department Coordinator
- Star Trek: First Contact – Art Department Coordinator
- Star Trek: Insurrection – Art Department Coordinator
- Star Trek Nemesis – Art Department Coordinator
Star Trek appearances Edit
Star Trek interviews Edit
- TOS Season 2 DVD special feature "Designing the Final Frontier"
- TNG Season 2 DVD special feature "Inside Starfleet Archives – Penny Juday, Star Trek Coordinator", interviewed on 19 October 2001
- DS9 Season 1 DVD special feature "Secrets of Quark's Bar", interviewed on 9 October 2002
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (Special Edition) special feature "Penny's Toy Box"
- Star Trek Generations (Special Edition) special features "A Tribute to Matt Jefferies" and "Captain Picard's Family Album"