Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Patriotism was the love for one's planet or government. A person exhibiting patriotism was called a patriot. Porter, a member of a late 20th century American anti-government militia, conflated it with a drive toward individualism as opposed to collectivity. (VOY: "Future's End")
People considered patriotsEdit
- Pe'Nar Makull considered himself a patriot for his anti-polaric ion energy, since he believed it had the potential to destroy his world. (VOY: "Time and Again")
- Senator Cretak was assessed as a patriot by William Ross. (DS9: "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges")
- Sub-Commander Selok was considered a patriot by Mendak for her service to the empire. (TNG: "Data's Day")
- Weyoun 5 was called a true patriot by Weyoun 7. (DS9: "Treachery, Faith and the Great River")
- Dukat: when Garak questioned Dukat's motivation for protecting the Detapa Council, Dukat shot back that the council was well-aware of his patriotism. (DS9: "The Way of the Warrior")
- Dukat's father claimed during his trial that his biggest flaw was that his ambition outweighed his patriotism. (DS9: "Civil Defense")
- Admiral Leyton: Benjamin Sisko predicted that Leyton would justify his attempted coup as a desperate act of patriotism. (DS9: "Paradise Lost")