(written from a Production point of view)
Paramount Stage 15 is located on the Paramount Pictures lot in Hollywood, California.
Stage 15 was used as early as 1978 for the production of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. As such, it housed the set for V'ger's central core. (The Making of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, pp. 95 & 214)
In 1996, it was virtually filled to capacity by the deflector array set for Star Trek: First Contact. (Star Trek Monthly issue 20) It also housed the bridge of the USS Enterprise-E in Star Trek Nemesis (2001-2002), as well as the bridge of Ru'afo's flagship in the production of Star Trek: Insurrection (1998). Paramount Stage 5 housed the bridge of the Enterprise-E for the production of Star Trek: Insurrection.
In addition to the bridge of the Enterprise, Stage 15 was also home to Admiral Janeway's office and the massive Son'a collector set. Following its use in Nemesis, the bridge was redressed to serve as the interior of the Romulan ship Valdore.
In May 2007, The Trek Movie Report website reported that J.J. Abrams' 2009 film, Star Trek, would partly be filmed on Paramount's Stage 15.  Indeed, the sound stage housed the film's transporter room set. (Star Trek Magazine issue 145, p. 76)
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek: First Contact
- Star Trek: Insurrection
- Star Trek Nemesis (USS Enterprise-E bridge, captain's ready room, and observation lounge)
- Star Trek (2009)
|1 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 25 • 29 • 31 • 32 • M|
- John Eaves & J.M. Dillard, Star Trek: The Next Generation Sketchbook: The Movies
- Terry J. Erdmann, The Secrets of Star Trek: Insurrection
- Michael & Denise Okuda, Star Trek Nemesis (Special Edition) text commentary