(written from a Production point of view)
The Enterprise crew and their enemies are trapped in a world that does not exist!
After traversing a cosmic storm, the Enterprise and a Klingon Battle Cruiser find themselves in a timeless netherspace called Limbo. In this Limbo are dozens of spaceships that were reported missing over the centuries from races all over the galaxy. The inhabitants tell the newcomers that there is no way out. The Federation and Klingon vessels eventually break out of Limbo by cooperating. Even though the way out had been discovered, Limbo's inhabitants weren't interested in leaving. Once free, Captain Kirk and the Klingon ship captain communicate and decide that it would be foolish to cooperate one minute and try to kill one another the next. So the two ships go their separate ways.
Background information Edit
- This story was reprinted in Enterprise Log 2 and a later reprint of that volume from the Star Trek: The Key Collection series.
- This story is very similar to the episode TAS: "The Time Trap" which aired a little more than a year later.
- Based on Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- Writer: Len Wein
- Artist: Alberto Giolitti, Giovanni Ticci (inks)
- Cover Art: George Wilson
- James T. Kirk
- Enterprise captain.
- Vulcan Enterprise exec and science officer.
- Leonard McCoy
- Enterprise chief medical officer.
- Montgomery Scott
- Enterprise chief engineer.
- The Curator
- An older man in the "museum".
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|#14: "The Enterprise Mutiny"||Gold Key TOS||#16: "Day of the Inquisitors"|