This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Wallace".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
Per the talk page discussion, there is little content on the page; other than the fact that this person exists, we know very little about them. Carol Marcus having a mother is self-evident and doesn't need an article about the mother just to state that. 31dot (talk) 01:48, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Note: This page was originally at "Mrs. Marcus" and was moved to "Wallace".
- Oppose. First, how much we know about any subject is irrelevant, provided we know something. We're suppose to be building a web of articles based on what is said and what is seen after all. Second, I've moved the article to something that complies with the naming conventions. Not that anyone noticed, but (almost) all the relevant pages had a red link pointing to this location for a few days. My bad for forgetting that no one checks relevant pages for things like that, and forgetting to add a link to the film's page. - Archduk3 10:49, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm inclined to oppose as well. I think the original proposal sees Wallace as basically equivalent to this situation: a character ofhandedly confirms the existence of their father, we assume that said father has the same surname, and make an article for him under that name. In Wallace's case we have a bit more though: are clearly told there's a certain person out there, and that her name is Wallace, and we learn a small amount of other facts about her (ie family relations). People who only satisfied the first two of those three criteria have routinely gotten pages, so... -- Capricorn (talk) 12:32, June 8, 2013 (UTC)