This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Original Star Trek action figures (Mego)".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
- I think that it makes a certain amount of sense to split up the companies and the items that they produce. Everything other than collectibles has a company separate from the things coming from them. We should do the work on the collectibles to split things up. -- sulfur (talk) 20:23, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Gotta disagree, I think that separating each product line from the manufacturer is cumberbatch, er, cumbersome and unnecessary (a.k.a. overkill), to be honest. IMO, it's a lot more useful to have all of a company's Trek products listed together on a single page, instead of having to look at many, many subpages that only have a tiny snippet of info on each one of them. Exceptions can be made, of course.
- There are a few examples (i.e. Star Trek model kits, Star Trek starship miniatures) where many companies and lines are listed together in order to provide a cross-linked and useful resource. I'd suggest UPDATED articles for general Trek toys and collectibles (maybe Trek figurines, Trek electronics, Trek decoratives) that could be See Also-ed on relevant collectibles articles. That way, all the manufacturer pages will be usefully linked together, instead of dozens of stand-alone pages in the wilderness. I'm constantly stumbling across those orphans! Darth Duranium (talk) 18:09, February 24, 2013 (UTC)