Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Portal:Main/News Archive".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Original talk page discussion Edit
I think I brought that up on some other page that acted as a "news archive" before, but anyway: MA is an encyclopedia, not a news page.
Although we present new information in a "news" section, that (in my opinion) doesn't mean that we should just "archive" those news and forget about them. Instead, we should add that information to the individual articles - or, if that content isn't allowed by our policies, perhaps not have it as a news entry in the first place.
Bottom line is: If valid information is already present in individual articles (and we even have a built-in archive function already - the page history), is there really a need for this archive page? -- Cid Highwind 19:06, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- In my opinion, no. 31dot 22:41, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- Well, when you put it like that... no, I guess an archive isn't really necessary. ;) --From Andoria with Love 07:27, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
Weeell... then the question becomes - am I right in putting it that way? And if I am - what do we do about it? ;) -- Cid Highwind 11:23, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
- You're right, methinks. When something is added to the news panel, we should just make sure to add the information to the related article(s), if it's allowable. We don't need two archives (this and the news panel's history). I would say bring this up for deletion. --From Andoria with Love 16:55, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
Oops, haven't checked back in a while. I don't think it's really necesary to delete the whole thing right now. I'd just add a disclaimer stating that this archive is no longer used, and former news content should go to the article directly? -- Cid Highwind 10:23, 28 November 2007 (UTC)
- Works for me. :) But I would say it could be deleted in the near future. Also, shall we remove the News Archive link from the Latest News panel? --From Andoria with Love 17:22, 28 November 2007 (UTC)
Deletion rationale Edit
- Yes. Looks safe to delete, according to (above discussion).-- Cid Highwind 00:02, March 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Delete. -Mdettweiler 16:44, March 19, 2010 (UTC)
Admin resolution Edit
Deleted.--31dot 18:26, March 25, 2010 (UTC)