Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Neodilithium".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an admin will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
I couldn't find a reference to this "element" in a transcript of the episode, so delete, probably. If there is, I'd still suggest a merge to dilithium, as there is no original content here. -- Cid Highwind 13:24, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
- Taking a look at the transcript, I found this:
- PARIS: "We discovered a new form of dilithium in the asteroid field we surveyed last month. It remains stable at a much higher warp frequency."
- That is probably where this is coming from, as the prefix "neo-" means "new", as in a new form of something. That said, it was never refered to as "neodilithium", and in chemistry this is not likely to be the name anyways. The name would probably still be "dilithium", just a different isotope, like carbon-12 vs. carbon-14. Actually, that last part of the argument does not matter, all that matters is that this name is made up. A note should be added to dilithium about a new form being discovered, though. Delete. --OuroborosCobra talk 13:58, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
- Delete. -- Renegade54 17:16, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
- Delete. --Jörg 18:57, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
- Delete. --From Andoria with Love 00:48, 10 November 2006 (UTC)
- Delete. --6/6 Subspace 12:56, 11 November 2006 (UTC)
- Delete -- Jaz talk 05:08, 13 November 2006 (UTC)
Admin resolution Edit
Seems to have been a made-up term for the new dilithium referenced in "Threshold". Deleted. --From Andoria with Love 04:06, 16 November 2006 (UTC)