Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Memory Alpha Wiki".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
Unused redirect and in the wrong namespace.
- Moved from Talk:Memory Alpha wiki
Is there a point to this redirect? If someone is here already why do they need a link to the main page?--31dot 11:09, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
- More unnecessary "Search Engine Optimization", I guess... -- Cid Highwind 11:26, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Addendum: It's also a project page redirect in article namespace, and should be deleted unless anyone can bring up good reasons for it to stay. -- Cid Highwind 12:13, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
- It was created by a guy who works on the gaming community at Wikia. It wouldn't surprise me if there's some asinine link out there that points to this page, expecting the main page. -- sulfur 12:27, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, that's what w:c:memory-alpha is for - or at least, was, before they had the frakking idea to redirect that one to the crappy "WikiActivity" page... -- Cid Highwind 12:35, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
- As Archduk3 let me know, this is a personal setting one can disable in the Preferences. It's the last row in the last tab, mysteriously described as "Disable my redirect to Wiki Activity" to make sure no one will guess what the setting is for. :) -- Cid Highwind 17:20, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
Copied from creator's talk pageEdit
- just for some further information on the reason for its initial existence...
- Most wiki's use their actual sitename as their mainpage, in this case "Memory Alpha Wiki". Having a redirect from that page to the mainpage would mean better SEO. Mark (talk) 14:21, January 4, 2011 (UTC)