This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "List of Star Trek Blueprints".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
I'm really not sure what should be done with this, and since the talk page for a merge (that I'm not even sure is necessary) isn't getting much attention, I'd give it a shot over here. --Alan 10:26, 13 June 2007 (UTC)
- Keep. This list is a really well-researched list of fan-created blueprints. Simply saying that it's 'fandom' and therefore not valid is not relevant, since this is the part of the real world articles. And most importantly, we already have a number of articles on these sorts of fan-published works: Category:Reference books. I think the whole reference book/blueprint/fandom stuff needs to get a revamp. Pages like Reference works are a good start, but don't really fit into the current portal/category stuff. -- Harry talk 11:30, 17 June 2007 (UTC)
- Comment - I'm not sure if we should keep this. At best I think that we should move the fan-related stuff into the Fan sections that we have. At worst, we delete it and move the information to the STEU wiki instead, as this is the kind of thing that they specialize in. The problem I have with keeping it is that it begins to promote the idea that we do support fan-produced material. Which we don't. -- Sulfur 13:51, 17 June 2007 (UTC)
- In retrospect, there is a certain intrinsic value to this, especially if you take into consideration the vast number of publications that were published in the hiatus between TAS and TNG (not including the TOS movies). While true, they are not published by "official" sources, these sources were still published, and are on par with what is found in the Star Fleet Technical Manual and FASA. I think a simple merging of this with the other fan article "List of Star Trek X" publications would work as well as our articles on parodies and the fan films. --Alan 23:45, 27 July 2007 (UTC)
Kept for merging. --From Andoria with Love 18:02, 1 August 2007 (UTC)