Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Josh (Turkana IV)".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
Although I am not sure this is important, this page is an unused redirect. I moved the original page Josh (Turkana IV) to "Yosh (Turkana IV)" according to the what heard in the episode TNG: "Legacy" and to the subtitles. I fixed the pages linking to Josh, so no page now links to this one. According to Memory Alpha:Deletion policy, I think this page could be deleted. Triggerator 13:06, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
Comment. Might this qualify as a useful redirect? What made people think it was "Josh" in the first place? Is it possible people could come to MA looking for Josh instead of Yosh? If the latter is the case, it is worth keeping the redirect for those people. --OuroborosCobra talk 18:52, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- If someone is searching for "Josh", he will find the disambiguation page Josh instead. I'd suggest to keep a link to "Yosh" on that page, then the redirect is no longer needed.
- As an aside, since we don't have another "Yosh", the content page does not need a qualifier in the title - it should be moved to just Yosh. Has someone checked the script, by the way? Sometimes, CC doesn't get its facts right, either. -- Cid Highwind 19:17, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- Hi, indeed it looks to me a good idea to keep Yosh in Josh (disambiguation). Watching the episode, the name clearly does not sound like "Josh". I can't say whether it is "Yosh" or "Iosh". I'm not sure I have the best source for scripts (suggestions welcome!), but the one I checked has no mention of this name in any form.
- I will move Yosh' page to Yosh. Triggerator 19:36, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
Admin resolution Edit
- Deleted. Since everything else above has been dealt with above, may as well delete the redirect with the odd qualifier too... -- Sulfur 12:15, 19 September 2007 (UTC)