Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Indonesia".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
I don't seem to remember any of this being stated in canon. I don't remember Picard naming Indonesia, or saying that half of New Guinea was controlled by it. I definitely don't remember Cochrane saying he planned to sell his warp drive to the Indonesian Space Agency, just that he wanted "dollar signs, money", and to retire to an island with lots of naked women. Is this from the novel, or something? --OuroborosCobra talk 18:59, 25 June 2008 (UTC)
- The reference is from the novelisation of the movie and Indoesia or Indonesian is never mentioned in any movie or episode (checked the scripts and transcripts). --Jörg 19:04, 25 June 2008 (UTC)
Deletion rationale Edit
According to the articles talk page there is no mention of Indonesia in any Star Trek production, and the entire article comes from the novelization of Star Trek: First Contact. The article... in makes rather large claims, so should be deleted asap.
But just to be sure, there's no other references to Indonesia, correct? - AJ Halliwell 16:57, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
- Delete. Not mentioned by name, and part of the article is noncanon, which would be fine if it had been mentioned, but it wasn't. I'm pretty sure there weren't any other references. And who knows if Indonesia controls New Guinea in the future.--31dot 17:49, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
- Delete - in the unlikely event a canon reference turns up, we can always undelete this. But for now, there is none.– Cleanse 01:22, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
Admin resolution Edit
- Deleted. --Alan 22:11, 25 July 2008 (UTC)