This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Iceberg".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
- Uncertain. The reference to the Titanic could fall under the common sense rule, as it was mentioned that it sank(even if the reason wasn't, it's historical information) I could understand removing it totally, if we decided that didn't apply here, but if it was mentioned in a phrase I'm not sure it should go. We have articles based on much less that one reference in a phrase. --31dot 19:51, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- Well, with regards to the common sense rule. That doesn't apply to the creation of articles like this since it wasn't actually mentioned in the episode (Year of Hell) and we're not discussing whether or not the article is, in fact, a reference to a real iceberg (as opposed to iceberg lettuce). In relation to the phrase...I don't recall any articles created on the basis of a single word that only appeared in a single phrase. If there are any...I'd put those up for deletion too. :) I mean seriously...
- Should be deleted just because there's no relevant information... — Morder (talk) 20:07, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- I'm going to go ahead and withdraw my deletion suggestion, for now, pending a rewrite. Given that you are right, 31dot, that there are a few articles based on a single line. Though the ones I've come across have much more information in them because of the sentence they were used in. — Morder (talk) 21:38, 24 June 2009 (UTC)