This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Dirge for Kor, the DaHar Master".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
- We don't copy content from another website just to "mirror" it "in case" the website goes offline. --| TrekFan Open a channel 02:36, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
Possibly an immediate delete as irrelevant to this project, if it's just a fan creation.--31dot 06:46, March 28, 2011(UTC)
- Doing further reading, let me amend my comment slightly- the rationale for creating it was apparently to gather the text of the song at the end of "Once More Unto the Breach", according to its talk page. We actually have done this sort of thing in the past, as with the Ronald D. Moore chats. Now, looking at the script of the episode, the spelling of the Klingon words on the site is a little off, and I'm not sure where the English translation comes from. If it is purely a pull from the episode and a fan English translation, then delete. If it is sourced from valid source information, we may want to consider keeping it. Looking at the site quickly, I'm not seeing where it comes from, if not from a fan.--31dot 07:01, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
- It looks to me like a fan creation for that particular website. That, along with the edit summary "mirrors are always useful in case the original site is taken offline", I figured it should be deleted. --| TrekFan Open a channel 07:07, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
- This isn't the product of a thorough research. I thought the song was amazing and hoped to have it somewhere on my favorite ST site. I love the translation and the transliteration but the Klingon version would suffice although I'd add a link to know how to read it (Klingon). DynV 07:12, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
- It's not your motives that are in question here DynV. We don't generally hold source information on Memory Alpha - the AOL chats being the notable exception. This discussion is here to decide whether there is a place here for your information or not. --| TrekFan Open a channel 07:15, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
Admin resolution Edit
Deleted as a fan translation.--31dot 14:14, April 19, 2011 (UTC)