Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Desi Arnaz".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
It's kinda weird that Lucille Ball was put up for deletion on the grounds of her "non-involvement" with Star Trek, but Desi here hasn't been. There is absolutely no connection between Desi and Star Trek, and certainly not the one alleged by the article. (See Talk:Desi Arnaz). It comes to this: he was out of Desilu in 1961, Roddenberry's pitch wasn't until 1964. Truly, the only scrap of connection is that he's the (estranged) father-in-law of Lawrence Luckinbill. Clear miss. Delete with speed. CzechOut ☎ | ✍ 01:52, 16 October 2007 (UTC)
- Delete. I agree. 31dot 02:07, 16 October 2007 (UTC)
- Tentative delete. I can't disagree with the logic for deletion. The fact that every episode of Star Trek TOS ended with the "Desilu" logo made my initial reaction a keep, I hadn't realize he was completely out of the studio before the Roddenberry pitch. So... I guess delete... but it doesn't feel right.Hossrex 05:21, 18 October 2007 (UTC)