This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Dancing Barefoot".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
This book, like Wil Wheaton's newest (which we don't yet have an article for) is a collection of short stories written by Wheaton. His other book, Just a Geek is a somewhat autobiographical book. Here on MA/en, we have autobiographies and Trek novels written by Trek-related people... but we don't have articles for their other books (ie, William Shatner and Nichelle Nicols). As such, I don't feel that articles for this book (or his newest book) belong here. They're more suitable to WP than MA/en. -- Sulfur 02:19, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
- I've only read Just a Geek, but if Dancing Barefoot and The Happiest Days of Our Lives don't contain any Trek material, then I'd agree: delete. But somewhat autobiographical or not, if it gives a little insight (or more, I should say) to his Trek experiences, then perhaps it should stay (or be created in the case of his latest). --Cinder 02:32, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
- Delete. Agreed. Things on Memory Alpha should have some relevance to Star Trek, beyond "it was made by that guy who was sorta in a few episodes". Can you imagine the floodgate that would open? – Hossrex 02:36, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
- Delete if it has no Trek relevance outside of its author. --From Andoria with Love 02:46, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
- Delete. Deserves a mention on Wheaton's page, but not its own article if it is not relevant to Trek.--31dot 19:23, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
Admin resolution Edit
- Deleted as per consensus. -- Sulfur 15:35, 22 December 2007 (UTC)