This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Battle of Rura Penthe".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
non-canon name - delete. — Morder 01:09, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Keep and move to a correct name, like Battle over the prison planet, or something. Also fix the content, obviously. --OuroborosCobra talk 01:25, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Good point. — Morder 01:28, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Keep. I am not sure what about this battle was mentioned or seen in the movie but we also have the choice to keep this in the "Category:Deleted material". – Tom 09:38, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- In the final cut of the movie it was mentioned that there was an attack on a Klingon prison planet and a Romulan ship (the Narada) destroyed 47 Klingon warbirds. Rura Penthe wasn't mentioned, but in the deleted scene, it's clear that's what it is. Anyways, keep, though a renaming might be needed. --From Andoria with Love 10:34, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Keep and rename. It was discussed in the movie, though if Rura Penthe wasn't mentioned that shouldn't be in the title(though could be in a background section since that's what it was intended to be)--31dot 17:22, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Merge this is incredibly insignificant in origin, so much so that it doesnt need its own article in some fan-wank made-up name like this. Mention it on the relevant pages and leave it at that. --Alan 17:32, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Totally agree with Alan. The least is a move/rename to another title, as "Rura Penthe" wasn't mentioned in the film. However, combined with the necessary edits to the article itself, it would leave no in-universe information whatsoever. I suggest to move this article's remaining content to background sections at Rura Penthe, Narada and/or Nero. -- Cid Highwind 10:59, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- Dido the last two, though the DVD release may have a director's cut that would restore the cut footage. - Archduk3 06:00, 6 June 2009 (UTC)