Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Apollo 13".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
Probably created by someone watching tonights episode of "When We Left Earth". While from a real world perspective Apollo 13 was very important, to my knowledge it was never mentioned in canon, and therefore does not belong on MA. --OuroborosCobra talk 02:43, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
- Delete, unless a reference can be found, which I actually doubt. --From Andoria with Love 04:46, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
- Delete. Not mentioned in Star Trek.--31dot 11:49, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
- Why would you want to delete this? Did you even read it? I provided what I could and added a stub template for editing and fixing the article. It seems like everyone is just forgetting the crew and the effort it took to get these astronauts home safely! I just don't get it, memory alpha is an almost perfect place to put an article like this. Why delete it? – The preceding unsigned comment was added by Racecarlock (talk • contribs).
- As clearly noted on this page, it was not mentioned in canon. Please have a look at our Memory Alpha:Canon policy. We're not here to list every real-life space event. – Cleanse 02:25, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Delete as per above. The article doesn't even name the astronauts. Sorry. ---- Willie LLAP 02:35, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- No one intends to demean the extraordinary efforts made to get that mission home safely. The content is not the issue, the fact that it is here is. Unless it was mentioned on Star Trek, it shouldn't be mentioned here, otherwise we would just be Wikipedia.--31dot 02:56, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Delete – Morder 03:00, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Delete, I cannot find any canon references either. -Rhinecanthus rectangulus 13:33, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- Delete, I also cannot find a canon reference. Non canon, in one of the interviews for Voyager they mention it in regards to "Blink of an Eye", and one of the dedication plaques share a quote with Apollo 13. So, unless a reference can be found, delete. We aren't wikipedia. - AJ Halliwell 19:44, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
- According to the Encyclopedia the USS Odyssey was apparently named after the command module of Apollo 13. Thats about the only reference there is. --Pseudohuman 15:31, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
Admin resolution Edit
The people say delete. No canon reference.– Cleanse 11:37, 24 June 2008 (UTC)