March is the third month of the Human year.
Events by day
- March 1
- In 2153, a group of Borg drones are discovered by researchers at the North Pole on Earth. The Borg assimilate the researchers, but are later destroyed by Enterprise, after sending out a message. (ENT: "Regeneration")
- March 3
- In 2368, Chakotay informs Admiral Namimby of his resignation from Starfleet. (VOY: "In the Flesh")
- March 6
- In 1836, the Alamo is attacked by Santa Anna's troops. (DS9: "Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night")
- March 21
- In 2153, Captain Archer is briefly taken prisoner by the Tellarite bounty hunter Skalaar, who plans to sell him to the Klingons. (ENT: "Bounty")
- March 22
- In 2233, James T. Kirk is born in Iowa on Earth. (TOS: "Where No Man Has Gone Before", "The Deadly Years"; Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home; ENT: "In a Mirror, Darkly, Part II")
- In 2285, Project Genesis enters its third stage. USS Reliant is dispatched to the Ceti Alpha system to determine the viability of Ceti Alpha VI for use in the Genesis test. The vessel is hijacked by Khan Noonien Singh. (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan; ENT: "In a Mirror, Darkly, Part II")
- March 29
- In 2336, Deanna Troi is born near Lake El'nar on Betazed. (TNG: "Conundrum", "Dark Page")
- The Suliban Cabal attempt to frame the Enterprise crew with the destruction of the Paraagan II mining colony. The Enterprise mission is officially canceled. Captain Archer travels with Daniels to the 31st century, while the Cabal board Enterprise. The crew is able to regain control of the ship and Captain Archer eventually returns. Archer presents evidence to Starfleet Command and the mission is allowed to continue. (ENT: "Shockwave", "Shockwave, Part II")
- The religious war on Triannon ends after years of fighting. During the course of the war, the planet is decimated and millions of Triannon perish. (ENT: "Chosen Realm")
- Captain A.G. Robinson dies while climbing Mount McKinley. Captain Jonathan Archer names the Robinson Nebula for him soon afterward. (ENT: "First Flight")
- A Xindi probe attacks Earth and kills seven million people, including Elizabeth Tucker. Around the same time, the Klingon High Council assigns Duras the responsibility of killing Jonathan Archer. (ENT: "The Expanse")
- The Reliant, under command of Khan Noonien Singh, launches an attack on the USS Enterprise. Khan is killed in the detonation of the Genesis Device aboard Reliant. Captain Spock dies while restoring power to Enterprise's warp drive, allowing it to escape. The Genesis Planet is formed. (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)
Some of the events in the Eugenics Wars novel The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 2 took place on March 15, 1993 and March 17, 1995.
Many events in the novel Articles of the Federation took place in March of 2380.