(coexisting on another dimensional plane)
The Imperial Starfleet was the primary space force of the Empire.
Terran Starfleet admirals were the highest grade of commissioned officers, known as flag officers. Personnel were awarded these ranks for rising through the line officer ranks of military service; the admiralty was based at Starfleet Command on Earth. They wore uniform jackets with red and silver division stripes at the shoulders over a white undershirt and necktie, and were the only officer grade that had sleeve stripe insignia in regular uniform wear. These dress jackets displayed only the Empire insignia on their right shoulder, with no opposite assignment patch.
The most senior flag rank, Starfleet fleet admirals in 2155 (like Fleet Admiral Gardner) wore a flag officer epaulet rank insignia of three gold chevrons with two smaller chevrons between them. The epaulets had admiral rank stripes, a thick silver band with a two separate silver stripes separated by two silver braids.
- In 2155, Starfleet captains (such as Capt. Forrest) wore on their epaulets the insignia of four silver stripes, with a pin of three silver chevrons, with two darker chevrons between them.
- In 2267, Starfleet captains (such as Capt. Kirk) wore thick gold braids at the shoulder of a metallic gold vest.
Terran Starfleet commanders were the second-most senior line officers. This rank was held by department heads and starship executive officers. Commander was inferior to captain, and superior to the lieutenant grades.
- In 2155, Starfleet commanders (such as Cmdr. Archer) wore on their epaulets the insignia of three silver stripes, with single square pip pin in the center.
- In 2267, Starfleet commanders (such as Cmdr. Spock) wore thin gold braid edging a dress uniform jacket over a black undershirt.
Terran Starfleet lieutenant commanders served as department heads. They were inferior to commanders, and superior to the lieutenants.
- In 2155, Starfleet lieutenant commanders (such as Lt. Cmdr. T'Pol) wore on their epaulets the insignia of two silver stripes, with single square pip pin in the center.
- In 2267, Starfleet lieutenant commanders (such as Cmdr. Scott) wore officer's tunics, with sleeve insignia of a solid and broken gold stripe.
Terran Starfleet lieutenants were inferior to the commander grades, and superior to ensigns.
- In 2155, Starfleet lieutenants (such as Lt. Sato) wore on their epaulets the insignia of two silver stripes.
- In 2267, Starfleet lieutenants (such as Lt. Sulu) wore officer tunics with the sleeve insignia of a single gold braid.
Lieutenant junior gradeEdit
Terran Starfleet lieutenants junior grade were the second-most junior commissioned officers. This rank was awarded as a promotion to ensigns, or as a commissioned to leading members of graduating cadet classes, and was immediately inferior to lieutenant.
Terran Starfleet ensigns were the most junior commissioned officers. This rank was achieved by Academy graduates.
- In 2155, Starfleet ensigns (such as Ens. Kelby) wore the insignia of a single silver stripe on their epaulets.
- In 2267, Starfleet ensigns (such as Ens. Chekov) wore no rank insignia, but wore officer uniform tunics (with sash and, as they were early in their career, only a few decorations).
- In 2155, Starfleet enlisted personnel wore no officer decorations on their uniform. Crewman wore no epaulets, but non-commissioned officers (specialists and chiefs) wore epaulets with no officers rank insignia.
- In 2267, enlisted personnel wore department color service jumpsuits or uniform tunics, with no decorations or officer sash.
The MACOs were the infantry forces of the Terran Empire. MACO uniforms were the same as in the counterpart universe. The only difference was the MACO patch, which changed from a shark to a skull. See also: MACO ranks
|The rank of major was given to MACO field officers commanding groups of soldiers.|| The highest enlisted MACO rank. A sergeant was the equivalent of a Starfleet chief.
Sergeant Mayweather was a MACO sergeant aboard the ISS Enterprise.
| A corporal was the MACO rank inferior to a sergeant, equivalent to a Starfleet noncommissioned officer.
Corporals were involved in the military action on the Enterprise, Avenger, and Defiant.
| The lowest enlisted MACO rank. A private was the equivalent of a Starfleet crewman.
Privates were involved in the military action on the Enterprise, Avenger, and Defiant.
|Enlisted personnel||Commissioned officers||Generals and flag officers|
|ENS||LT JG||LT||LT CMDR||CMDR||CAPT||FCAPT||CDORE||RADM||VADM||ADM||FADM|
|2nd LT||1st LT||CAPT||MAJ||LT COL||COL||BRIG||MAJ GEN||LT GEN||GEN||MARSHAL|
|Positions:||Technician • Specialist • Chief||YMN||TAC • SO • 3rd • 2nd • 1st • CO • DD||Portmaster • Chief of Staff • CinC|
|Services:|| Andorian • Bajoran • Cardassian • Jem'Hadar • Klingon • Romulan • SS • Terran Empire Starfleet • Terran Empire MACO •|
United Earth MACO • United Earth/Federation Starfleet • United States • Vulcan
|Starfleet uniform styles|
|By era:|| 2140s-Early 2160s • Mid 2160s • 2230s • Late 2240s-2250s • alternate reality 2250s-2260s •|
2250s-2260s • Mid 2260s-Early 2270s • Mid 2270s • Late 2270s-2350s •
2350s-2370s • Late 2360s-Early 2370s • 2370s
|By type:||Casual duty attire • Terran Empire uniforms • Alternate Starfleet uniforms • Fictional Starfleet uniforms|
|Related topics:||Assignment patch • Federation blue • Starfleet insignia • Starfleet ranks • Starfleet decorations • Terran Empire ranks |
MACO uniform and equipment • Patient wear • Uniforms of the Alpha Quadrant • Xenylon