(written from a Production point of view)
All-new trilogy based on the hit show! Does Cadet Janeway have the right stuff?
Lifeline is a Star Trek: Voyager - Starfleet Academy young adult novel – the first novel in the series – written by Bobbi JG Weiss and David Cody Weiss. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in August 1997.
- From the book jacket
- Cadet Kathyrn Janeway [sic], the ambitious daughter of Vice Admiral Edward Janeway, is determined to prove herself at Starfleet Academy. Her tough commander, Etienne Mallet, demands perfection, but Kathyrn is ready for the challenge.
- It isn't easy, especially with two roommates: a pair of identical Diasoman twins named ThrumPol. Kathyrn thinks she can face the pressure alone, but when she and Pol fail their second dorm drill and Mallet assigns them to a holodeck test, Kathyrn panics. Suddenly, she's out of control!
- It's time to call on her secret weapon to help her through the crisis... until Mallet discovers her weakness and issues the ultimate challenge...
Background information Edit
- The book jacket consistently misspells Janeway's name as "Kathyrn".
- Kathryn Janeway
- First year cadet.
- Edward Janeway
- Kathryn's father, Starfleet Vice Admiral .
- Etienne Mallet
- Identical twins; first year cadets
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|First novel in series||Star Trek: Voyager - Starfleet Academy||#2: The Chance Factor|