Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Leola root was a dark yellow root vegetable native to the Delta Quadrant. Though it had an unpleasant taste and was covered in mildew, leola root was one of the best sources of vitamins and minerals in the quadrant, according to Neelix.
Neelix introduced the plant to the USS Voyager crew in 2371, grew it in the hydroponics bay, and cooked with it throughout the seven-year voyage. Most of the crew continued to complain about the taste, but Neelix kept using it in his many dishes. (VOY: "State of Flux")
When Neelix told B'Elanna Torres how he realized that he was missing an ingredient during the process of perfecting his Jibalian seven-spice omelette, she guessed that it was leola root. (VOY: "Prototype")
See also Edit
- Cream of leola soup (VOY: "The Void")
- Leola bark tea (VOY: "Workforce")
- Leola ointment (VOY: "Tsunkatse")
- Leola rice pilaf (VOY: "Repentance")
- Leola root broth (VOY: "Parturition")
- Leola root soup (VOY: "Basics, Part I")
- Leola root stew (VOY: "The Chute", "Waking Moments", "Thirty Days")
- Sweet leola root tart (VOY: "Riddles")