"The Warrior's Anthem" was a traditional piece of music sung by Klingon warriors on their way into battle. The song was typically initiated by someone rapping their hands on an available surface to the rhythm of the song, shortly followed up by them or another Klingon beginning to sing with others nearby being encouraged to join in.
Klingon lyrics (by Mark Okrand)Edit
- Qoy qeylIs puqloD.
- Qoy puqbe'pu'.
- yoHbogh matlhbogh je SuvwI'
- Say'moHchu' may' 'Iw.
- maSuv manong 'ej maHoHchu'.
- nI'be' yInmaj 'ach wovqu'.
- batlh maHeghbej 'ej yo' qIjDaq vavpu'ma' DImuv.
- pa' reH maSuvtaHqu'.
- mamevQo'. maSuvtaH. ma'ov.
Original Lyrics (by Hilary Bader)Edit
- Hear! Sons of Kahless.
- Hear! Daughters too.
- The blood of battle washes clean
- The Warrior brave and true.
- We fight, we love, and then we kill.
- Our lives burn short and bright,
- Then we die with honor and join our fathers in the Black Fleet where
- we battle forever, battling on through the Eternal fight.
- Hear! sons of Kahless.
- Hear! daughters.
- The battle blood perfectly cleans
- the warrior who is brave and loyal.
- We fight, we're passionate, and we kill perfectly.
- Our lives are not long, but they're very bright.
- We certainly die honorably, and we join our fathers in the Black Fleet.
- There we always really continue fighting.
- We won't stop. We continue fighting. We compete.
Background information Edit
The "Warrior's Anthem" was originally created for the Star Trek: Klingon CD-ROM computer game. The English version was written by Hilary Bader and translated to Klingonese by Marc Okrand, and the music was written by Keith Halper.